Healthworks Community FitnessHow You Can Help
How You Can Help
Volunteering & Internships: Develop your leadership skills while working with a diverse population in a positive, dynamic environment!
- Front Desk Manager: greet members, conduct tours, enroll new members, manage administrative tasks and phones
- Wellness Coach: perform basic fitness assessments, conduct equipment orientation, mentor members, connect members with appropriate resources
- Nutritionist/Health Counselor: conduct nutrition workshops and individual sessions with members, staff and volunteers
- Outreach Coordinator: represent Healthworks Community Fitness at health and volunteer fairs, distribute fliers, assist with fundraising campaigns, mailings, events and open houses
- Personal Trainer: assess members’ fitness needs, prescribe individual exercise programs, educate members on wellness principles and exercise safety, motivate members to achieve realistic goals
- Group Exercise Instructor: facilitate group exercise classes, motivate continued attendance, instruct on exercise safety
Please contact us if you would like to volunteer or intern!
Make a Gift: As a streamlined, focused and growing nonprofit organization, we need your support to keep fulfilling our mission.
- $25-$75 supports 1-3 MONTHS OF YOUTH FITNESS CLASSES for a child
- $135-$500 funds 3-12 MONTHS OF GYM MEMBERSHIP for a woman in need
- $1,350 provides 12 MONTHS OF WEEKLY GROUP EXERCISE CLASSES benefiting 2,000 women
Financial gifts are greatly appreciated and significantly impact the services and programs we’re able to provide our community. Thank you for your generous contributions!
Guiltless Shopping Vendor Program
This unique program provides local businesses with valuable exposure and the opportunity to support thousands of women and children. We invite vendors to sell their products at for-profit Healthworks Fitness Centers for Women clubs, in conjunction with a donation of 20% of the day’s sales or $250, whichever is greater, to Healthworks Community Fitness. Your participation empowers us to continue serving our members!
Healthworks Community Fitness Careers & Advisory Board: Our team is small and we post positions here from time to time. We also have intermittent openings on our Advisory Board and welcome your inquiry and resume, which we will keep on file for future opportunities!
Girl Almighty Teen Fitness Program
Girl Almighty is a 4-week comprehensive fitness training program for teen girls (ages 13-18) from Dorchester, Roxbury and Mattapan who are at risk for chronic diseases such as diabetes, hypertension and obesity. The program will sponsor 310 teen girls, providing them with the education and tools they need to sustain a healthier lifestyle. Girl Almighty more » [ Read More ]
Fitspiration: Youth Fitness Program Winter 2017
Starting Monday, January 9, 2017 Fitspiration is a youth fitness and wellness program for girls and boys ages 5-12. Reserve your spot at the front desk! [ Read More ]